Table of Contents
The Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek is the perfect package for someone searching for a short and luxurious trek.
The up-close panoramic views of Mt Everest, Mt Lhotse, Mt Cho Oyu and Mt Ama Dablam from the highest point in the trek, Kala Patthar takes the breath away of most trekkers.
And when you add the scenic helicopter tour from this point to Lukla, you catch exceptional views of these beautiful Himalayas from above the clouds.
But wait, there’s more:
The luxurious package includes night stays in some of the best hotels in the route with hot showers, body massages, spa treatments and Wi-Fi.
Exploring Namche Bazaar and indulging in the largest settlement of Sherpa makes this trek even more exciting from a cultural perspective.
The Everest Base Camp Trek is the most famous trek in the Khumbu region, and also possibly in Nepal as a whole.
here’s a complete guide to Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek to provide you with all the necessary guidance.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek
- Kala Patthar at (5,643 meters), the highest point of the trek
- Excellent views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu and Mt. Ama Dablam, among others
- Tengboche Monastery, the biggest Buddhist monastery in the Khumbu region
- Gorak Shep, a frozen lakebed filled with sand
- Ngozumpa glacier, the longest glacier of Nepal
- Khumbu glacier, the biggest glacier of Nepal
- Namche Bazaar, the largest settlement of Sherpas
- Sagarmatha National Park, the world’s highest National Park
- Explore Sherpa villages and their quaint lifestyles
Luxury features of Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek
- Full body Ayurvedic massage after the trek
- Massages and spa treatments at different hotels along the way
- Availability of hot showers and Wi-Fi services in several hotels
- Helicopter ride from EBC to Lukla
- Accommodation in the best hotels available en route to the Base Camp
- 2 nights in Kathmandu in a luxurious hotel
- First aid and ECO trained English speaking guide
With no technical climbing sections en route to Everest Base Camp, this trek is not a very difficult one. In fact, with strong determination and a fit body, even a complete novice with no prior climbing experience can complete this trek.
The Luxury Trek is even more convenient than the regular one. With the availability of best hotels with comfortable beds and luxurious services, you will enjoy every bit of your trek.
With that said, some factors might pose some difficulty, like the altitude of the highest point in the trek, the duration of the daily hikes and training to prepare oneself for the trek.
The highest point of the trek is Kala Patthar at 5,643 meters. At this altitude, there is a high possibility of altitude sickness. But with proper acclimatization schedules and gradual increment in the ascent, this might not prove much of a threat.
The trekking journey from Lukla to Everest Base Camp is roughly 65 km long. Depending on your physical fitness and stamina, this length could prove to be a comfortable or a formidable distance.
But with adequate training and the added benefits of hiking experiences, you can easily overcome these obstacles for an excellent trekking adventure.
The Everest Base Camp Trek is not a very strenuous trek. However, a novice does need to go through some basic training for a few weeks to enjoy the trek at its fullest.
With a maximum walk of 6 hours a day, the Everest Base Camp Trek requires a trekker to walk uphill for around 5 hours a day at the least.
Therefore, a beginner should set up a training schedule to build up strength for the trek. Here are a few basics that you can include in your training schedule:
- Aerobic training like climbing and descending hills, running, cycling and swimming. Start with short sessions and gradually increase them to longer sessions
- Strength training in the gym, focusing on the lower parts and the back of your body. Try weight training, one-legged squats, stair climbing and running exercises
- Flexibility training and stretches every day before the start of any heavy training
In any trekking adventure, the physical fitness of an individual plays an essential role in determining the difficulty of that trek. So naturally, a strong and fit body would feel more comfortable to endure the long hikes of uphill routes.
Best Seasons for Everest Base Camp Trek
Six seasons circulate in Nepal throughout the year. Namely, Spring, Summer, Monsoon, Autumn, Pre-winter and winter.
Although trekking in the Everest Base Camp is feasible at any time of the year, we recommend choosing the Spring or Autumn season for the best Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek experience.
Note: If you’re confused about the seasons in Nepal and their respective months, March to May is Spring and September to November is Autumn in Nepal.
In these two seasons, the weather remains stable with less drastic changes in climatic conditions. There is very little chance of precipitation and thunderstorms. This also means the chances of flight delays or cancellations are rare.
In Spring, the average temperature ranges from 15 degrees Celsius in the day to -14 degrees Celsius in the night. Whereas in Autumn, the average temperature ranges from 17 degrees Celsius in the day to -10 degrees Celsius at night.
Another thing to note is that October is the prime time for EBC treks. Therefore, if you’re planning for this month, better book your tickets and hotels as early as possible.
The Luxury package for Everest Base Camp Trek provides you with the best hotels with luxurious services. These services include comfortable bedrooms with bathrooms, hot showers and Wi-Fi services.
Many of these hotels also offer spa treatments and body massages to soothe your body after long and tiring hikes.
We have assembled a list of all the mandatory items that you need for the Everest Base Camp Trek.
- Full and half sleeve t-shirts
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Lightweight thermal tops and bottoms
- Hiking shorts
- Trekking pants
- Casual pants
- Breathable underwear
- Synthetic sports bras for women
- Sun Hat
- Neck warmers/ scarf
- Ski goggles
- UV protection sunglasses
- Hand warmers
- Waterproof trekking shoes
- Climbing boots
- Both heavy and lightweight socks
- Socks liner
- Woollen gloves
- Waterproof gloves
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets
- Lip balm
- Trekking Poles
- Comfortable sleeping bag
- Trekking backpacks
- First aid box and necessary medicines
- Diamox for altitude sickness
- Insect repellent
- Hand sanitizer and baby wipes
- Cameras and extra batteries
Depending upon the season that you’ll be trekking in, you might have to pack or unpack a few items from the list. Also, note that you can adjust the list to your personal preferences and needs.
Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek Cost
A 10-day Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek costs around 2,700 to 3,500 USD.
This cost includes permits, round trip flights from Kathmandu to Lukla, accommodations, food and other necessary things for the trek.
But this cost may vary if you want to customize your own luxury trek. This could mean adding a few more days of Kathmandu city tour or choosing a different route to the Base Camp.
For instance, you can add Mera Peak or Island Peak climbing alongside EBC trek, which is some of the most famous climbing peaks of Nepal. These alterations in the trekking routes bring changes in the trekking cost as well.
A trekker requires two permits for Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek. Here’s the list for both the permits that you’ll be needing for this trek.
|Name of the Permit||Fee for a Nepali Citizen (NPR)||Fee for a SAARC Citizen (NPR)||Fee for a none SAARC Citizen (NPR)|
|Sagarmatha National Park Permit||100||1,000||3,000|
|Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality Permit||0||2,000||2,000|
Glancing at the tallest mountain from up close while relaxing in the best hotels, you cannot find a more heavenly trek than this.
And to put the icing on the cake, your return from the Everest Base Camp will be in a helicopter from Base Camp to Lukla and in a plane from Lukla to Kathmandu. This flight gives you the best views of the Himalayas from over the clouds.
Doesn’t that sound like an awesome adventure? Well, that’s cause this is the Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek.